- How we collect and use your personal information.
- Your right of access to your personal information.
- Your right to inspect and, where necessary, correct the personal information that we hold about you.
- Your right to have your privacy complaints investigated and resolved.
- Your right to have your personal information protected from misuse or unauthorised access.
[axr] Recruitment & Search Pty Limited will take all reasonable steps to protect the privacy of the personal information that we collect and use. This applies to all clients, individuals, job applicants and prospective employees who provide their personal information to us.
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you. This includes any personal information or opinions about you, whether true or not, no matter how the information or opinions are recorded. Sensitive information is a special category of personal information and includes information about your health, race or ethnic origin, political or religious beliefs, membership of a trade union or association, sexual preferences or criminal record. We will not disclose your sensitive information without your consent unless there is a need to, in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Why do we collect personal information?
We collect the personal information of job applicants to facilitate placement operations and recruitment opportunities, and to deliver the best possible service to our clients. We also collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with further information about the recruitment opportunities or services you requested;
- for assessing and facilitating your application for employment with prospective employers; and
- for placement operations and recruitment purposes generally.
- to inform you of other opportunities that may be of interest to you.
What personal information do we collect and use?
Personal information that we collect and use may include your name, date of birth, current address, email address, telephone numbers, work history, performance appraisals, qualifications, health information, personal history, opinions from referees and our assessment of you as a prospective candidate for recruitment.
The personal information that we collect and hold usually falls into the following categories:
- personal information obtained from applicants in connection with previous periods of employment;
- work performance information and qualifications;
- information about incidents in the workplace;
- information and opinions from referees;
- information submitted and independently obtained in relation to absences from work due to leave, illness or other causes; and
- information obtained to assist in managing client and business relationships.
We will not use your personal information for any purpose which is not related to the service we provide to you, or that you would not reasonably expect us to use your personal information. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure the personal information that we hold is accurate and up to date. If you feel that information about you is not accurate or your details have, or are about to change, please inform us and we will correct or update your personal information. If you would like to access any of our services on an anonymous basis please tell us. If this is possible and lawful, we will take all reasonable steps to comply with your request. If you choose not to provide us with your personal information we may not be able to provide you with the services or assistance you require, including arranging suitable interviews for you.
How do we collect personal information?
When do we disclose your personal information?
For the purposes referred to in this policy we may disclose your personal information to: prospective employers; external organisations seeking labour; your referees; your former employers; educational institutions; our clients; our referees; our professional advisors including our accountants, auditors and lawyers; and our related companies and our contractors and suppliers.
Do we send information overseas?
If we are otherwise required to send information overseas we will take measures to protect your personal information. We will protect your personal information either by ensuring that the country of destination has similar protections in relation to privacy or that we enter into contractual arrangements with the recipient of your personal information that safeguards your privacy.
Access to and Correction of your personal information
You have a right to access and copy your personal information, subject to certain exceptions provided for in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). If you would like to access your personal information please follow the procedures set out in our Access Policy. Our Access Policy can be accessed on our website or by contacting our Privacy Officer. For security reasons, you will be required to put your request in writing and provide proof of your identity. If you are able to establish that personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up to date we will take all reasonable steps to correct our records and that of any third parties.
Security of your information
We will take all reasonable steps to secure your personal information. Electronic information is protected by various security measures and access to information and databases is restricted to the staff at [axr] Recruitment & Search Pty Limited, that need access to the information in order to perform their duties. All electronically captured job applicant and client data is passed through a secure site using encryption technology to ensure your personal information is protected if it is sent over the internet.
We have a Grievance Policy for dealing with your privacy complaints. The purpose of the policy is to ensure that any person that has a complaint with the way their personal information is collected, used, disclosed, stored and administered may lodge a complaint under the Grievance Policy. All complaints will be treated seriously and dealt with promptly. The Grievance Policy is our way of ensuring your privacy concerns are raised and addressed promptly. Our Grievance Policy can be accessed on our website or by contacting our Privacy Officer.
Fair Trading Amendment (Employment Placement Services) Act 2002 and Regulations
The above Act and Regulations require us to provide the following statement to you.
- [axr] Recruitment & Search Pty Limited Recruitment is an employment placement service and we do not charge candidates (job applicants) a fee for the purpose of finding that candidate employment.
- We do not engage in any misleading or deceptive conduct including activities such as:
- Advertising a position as being available when we know no such position exists.
- Knowingly giving misleading information to a candidate about the nature of a position.
Any job seeker or job applicant who believes that any employment placement service has acted inappropriately may contact the Department of Fair Trading on 133 220.
ACCESS POLICY - [axr] Recruitment & Search Pty Limited
At all times conduct under this Policy will be governed by the following principles:
- All requests will be dealt with promptly and in a confidential manner.
- Any inaccurate or out of date information will be corrected.
- Your request to access your personal information will not affect any commercial or professional arrangements between you and [axr] Recruitment & Search Pty Limited.
How to obtain Access?
For security reasons you will be required to put your request in writing and provide proof of your identity. This is necessary to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is not undermined. If you are able to establish that the personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up to date we will take all reasonable steps to correct our records.
When will Access be denied?
Access will be denied if:
· the request does not relate to the personal information of the person making the request;
· providing access would pose a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of a person;
· providing access would create an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
· the request is frivolous and vexatious;
· the request relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings;
· providing access would prejudice negotiations with the individual making the request;
· access would be unlawful;
· denial of access is authorised or required by law;
· access would prejudice law enforcement activities;
· access discloses a 'commercially sensitive' decision making process or information; or
· any other reason that is provided for in the National Privacy Principles.
If we deny access to information we will set our reasons for this. Any dispute about your right of access to information will be dealt with in accordance with our Grievance Policy.
We will take all reasonable steps to provide access or the information requested within 14 days of your request. In situations where the request is complicated or requires access to a large volume of information, we will provide access or the information requested within 30 days. We may seek payment for our costs of supplying you with this information.
How to contact us
If you would like more information on privacy and information access, or if you have any questions in relation to this policy please contact our Privacy Officer. We will provide access by allowing you to inspect, take notes of or receive copies or print outs of the personal information that we hold about you We can be contacted by telephone, mail or facsimile as follows:
[axr] Recruitment & Search Pty Limited, Level 4, 50 Clarence Street Sydney 2000
Telephone: (02) 8243 1300, and
Facsimile: (02) 8243 1333
We reserve the right to review, and if necessary, change this policy.